that are perfect
for the purpose
We take pride in what we do and aim to provide our customers with clothes that are both practical and durable. All product development takes place in Finland and our clothes have been tested for safety and comfort in authentic working environments by the thousands of Dimex fans across the globe. Keeping our customers happy and kitted out is our top priority.
Devoted to the concept of slow fashion, our products are manufactured with both people and the planet in mind. Our goal is to reduce the number of clothes that end up in landfill, and we work hard every day to make this a reality: when looked after well, Dimex clothes will last from one generation to the next.
Life is too short for poorly fitting clothes
When clothes are well-designed, functional and made of the right materials, their lifespan is increased, thus reducing the burden on the environmental. Dimex clothes have been designed to be comfortable with high-quality materials and seams that don’t rub or chafe in the wrong places. Clothes that fit you well will not wear out easily, allowing you to enjoy your Dimex clothes for years on end. Thanks to customer feedback and user-centred design practices, Dimex clothes are perfectly suitable for their purpose and stand the test of time.
Favourite designs that fly off the shelves
Many of our customers have a favourite Dimex design or an item of clothing that they come back for year after year. Some of these favourite items have, therefore, been kept in stock for over a decade. If it isn’t broken, don’t fix it, some might say. By optimising production batch sizes and focusing on quality rather than quantity we minimise waste, while a good understanding of the workwear market enables us to make sure we sell pretty much everything that we manufacture.
Fast deliveries and stock rotation
Stocking large quantities of clothes that are out of season increases waste and benefits no-one, which is why we invest in well-organised stock rotation and fast deliveries. As a result, no clothes are left lying in the corner of the warehouse for ages, but instead find their way to where they are needed the most.
Believe it or not, but every single Wednesday Tuire and Jaana from our Product Development Team go through all customer feedback that has been sent in that week. If certain products or issues recur in the feedback, it will be looked at more thoroughly.
In addition to the people using our clothes, we also receive feedback from retailers, suppliers and occupational safety officers. Feedback is very important to us and we use it to make alterations and improvements to existing products, and to develop new ones. We will continue to improve our range of products for as long as it takes until they are deemed perfect by our customers.
When new products are being developed, they are always tested in authentic working environments by selected test groups. The test groups’ evaluations are very useful, but it is the end-users who wear the clothes day in day out that make the final decision on how functional our products are. Many of the alterations and improvements as well as new products are based on our customers’ feedback and requests, so please keep them coming!
Our goal is to increase the use of recycled fabrics in our range of workwear. But as with everything else, we won’t stand for any bullsh*t and refuse manufacture environmentally friendly products as a marketing gimmick, just to do a bit of ‘greenwashing’. We have no intention to mislead our customers by making products that can be labelled as ‘green’ but are of no use. Therefore, all products in our eco range are designed to be better than anything else on the market, and you can rest assured knowing that Dimex quality is always going to be Dimex quality.
What did we achieve in 2020?
- We designed our first product range made from recycled materials.
What didn’t go quite so well in 2020?
- We failed to set an exact target figure for the amount of eco products to be manufactured.
Our goals for 2021 and the future
- In 2021, we launch our first product range made from recycled materials.
- One of our products that we sell in large quantities is made from recycled fabric.
- We actively offer our customers products and materials that lessen the impact on the environment.
- We continue to favour recycled materials wherever possible.
- We sell significant quantities of the more environmentally friendly products (at least 1000–2000 items in 2021 and more in the following years).
- We increase the amount of environmentally friendly designs among the products manufactured by us.
- We define what proportion of our total production is to be reserved for eco-friendly products.
- We include more information about the environmental impact caused by different types of materials.
We package our products in the smallest box possible, which saves space during transit: it’s simply daft to transport boxed air from one place to another. We re-use old boxes, although they might not look their best anymore, and inside the box the products are not packaged in plastic. More than 430,000 Dimex products are sold each year, so by leaving out the plastic we avoid creating a huge amount of unnecessary waste. Also, our products are shipped on cargo ships rather than planes.
Our goals for 2021–2022
- We highlight the environmental impact of different packaging requirements (plastic bags, reused cardboard boxes, single packaging) to our customers.
- We research more eco-friendly alternatives to current packaging materials and, as soon as suitable ones come along, we take them into use.
- We establish what the environmental impact of our logistics is at present, research the possibility to switch to more ecological alternatives and assess the need to offset the carbon emissions caused by our operations.