but the best?
Dimex is Finland’s leading workwear brand and provider of high-quality products that have been tested for safety and comfort in authentic working environments. Finnish people have been seasoned in harsh conditions for centuries, and they will settle for nothing but the best when it comes to workwear.
When you require the best, we are the ones who you turn to.
Designed in Finland
The industrial and occupational workwear industry in Finland is among the most demanding in the world. The extensive health and safety regulations, coupled with employers who expect nothing less than perfection, put pressure on us to create workwear that will stand the test of time. In some countries the building and construction industry is less regulated, and it is common practice that employees are expected to pay for their own workwear. For this reason, you may see someone working in a pair of old jeans at a construction site. Well, not in Finland.
When you add the unpredictable Finnish weather to the maze of strict regulations, you begin to see why we are serious about making seriously good workwear. In Finland, one may experience all four seasons in a single day, from snowstorms to gale force winds, as well as some rain or sunshine thrown in for good measure, while the temperature can range anywhere between -40°C and +40°C. These unique conditions have shaped the Finnish industrial and occupational workwear industry for decades, resulting in exceptionally high standards for quality and fierce competition in the market. In Finland you simply cannot afford to be sloppy or sell products of substandard quality, because you will be out of business in a matter of days.
All Dimex clothes are designed in Finland. For us, strict health and safety regulations, demanding employers and forever-changing weather are standard everyday stuff. We are not afraid of challenges, but instead see them as catalyst for us to work harder and exceed everyone’s expectations.
At Dimex, we never compromise on quality and tirelessly pursue perfection with the aim of providing you with clothes that are both practical and durable. Because our customers’ needs change regularly, we listen to feedback very carefully and improve our products accordingly to meet the demand. The Dimex clothing range is kept simple and straightforward, allowing us to have all our products available promptly when they are needed by the customers.
We collect very detailed statistics about deliveries and can honestly say that this cooperation has led to excellent outcomes: in 2020, 98.7% of Dimex orders left the warehouse either on the day of the order or the following working day, or on the schedule agreed with the customer. We managed to deliver customised printed products within one week and garments tailored according to customers’ requirements in seven weeks.
The retail network of Dimex covers the entire country, and our warehouse, customer service, product development and managerial headquarters are also located in Finland. We are not into mass production, but rather manufacture reasonably sized batches of clothing each time. We like to get our products manufactured as close to home as possible, and work together with Estonian garment manufacturing facilities, for instance, which allows us to quickly respond to our customers’ needs.
Communicating and doing business with Dimex is quick and easy: your questions are not answered by a bot and your calls will not get directed to an outsourced call centre on the other side of the world. Our personable staff members are always happy to help you and are trained to make independent decisions without having to consult the top level of the organisation. Whatever your question, please get in touch and we will find the solution together!
Our goal is to make the most practical and durable workwear on the market. The pursuit of perfection is a process that never ends.
What did we achieve in 2020?
- We supercharged our quality control and did random sampling on a total of 1151 products
- We streamlined the quality control process
- Based on customer feedback, we made numerous changes to our range of clothing and developed new products
What didn’t go quite so well in 2020?
- The number of complaints did not decrease when compared to 2019. Investments in product quality are generally only seen after some time has passed, as clothes rarely go straight from manufacture to use. Clothes often pass through the Dimex warehouse and the retailer’s warehouse, whereby the end-users wear them several months after the batch has been manufactured.
Our goals for 2021 and the future
- Decrease the customer complaint rate* to 0.15% in 2021 and further to 0.1% in 2022 (in 2020 the customer complaint rate was 0.21%)
- Exceed 3.2 (on a scale of 1 to 4) in the customer satisfaction survey**
- Exceed 3.2 (on a scale of 1 to 4) in the customer satisfaction survey directed at Dimex retailers**
* The customer complaint rate is calculated by dividing the number of products sold during previous year by the number of product returns during the following year.
** The survey measures the quality, durability and safety of products